Thursday, October 20, 2011

As promised, cookies and cream and cupcakes

Have I steered you wrong before? I mean, really, chocolate with coffee and coconut, diet coke slushies?



Ok, so I haven't really posted enough for you to trust me yet. I understand. We haven't had a chance to build up the relationship. But really, if you can't trust a mix of chocolate and oreo into the best thing since sliced bread, maybe I'm not the one to blame...
(plus, who really wants sliced bread when you could be eating a cupcake?)

So here it is, again from the lovely ladies of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. If you don't own this, well that helps me because you're reading this instead of baking their cupcakes!

Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
1 cup soymilk
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup crushed oreos



Whisk soymilk and vinegar, set aside to curdle. Add sugar, oil, and vanilla. Separately, mix together dry ingredients. Add in two batches to wet ingredients. Mix in oreos.
Fill liners 3/4 full.  Bake 18-20 minutes at 350.

Frost with your favorite buttercream, but add crushed oreos in!

Enjoy =]

No comments:

Post a Comment