Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cupcake, the food of the gods...

It's been a while since my last post, sorry! I've still been experimenting in the kitchen, but enjoying summer, taking pictures, (attempting to go) tanning, have all kept me from the computer!

Never fear, though, because I have a delicious thing to share with you, from the cookbook Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, which is totally worth buying, in my humble opinion...



These beauties are Chocolate Coconut Coffee Cupcakes.  I'm not always the biggest coconut fan. Don't get me wrong, I love the smell, I enjoy my body products smelling like a tropical vacation. But when you're reaching into that box of chocolates, hoping for a delicious caramel, or thick chocolate truffle, and you bite in to a pile of white goo that could resemble shampoo, it's just not ok.

Anyway, these babies go way beyond the deliciousness of coffee and chocolate.  They are light, delicate, and pack a punch of rich chocolate and coffee cream.  I took some liberties in the recipe, adding regular vegetable oil instead of melted coconut oil, which probably altered the texture a bit, but I'm not complaining.  I also threw some instant coffee into the batter, to heighten the intense chocolate flavor.



Happy baking!!!

1 comment: